Today, I want to thank God for His goodness, and to praise Him because He is so loving and totally holy and so completely worthy of my love, trust, obedience, and gratitude.
Lord, I am grateful today for...
* my crosses, my illnesses, my emotional wounds, for disappointments. Yes, I am grateful for even these painful things because even though You are a completely compassionate, merciful, and loving Father, You permit these things in my life to bring great good out of my suffering. I thank You for these crosses because without them, I would not have the sense to respond to Your generous invitation to an intimate relationship with You. Without these crosses, I would be on the "slippery slope", the highway to hell. While I lament at times and throw pity parties for myself when things are rougher than usual, in my heart of hearts I recognize that You are watching over me and drawing me closer to Yourself in love, which is certainly a much, much, much greater blessing than an easy earthly life. Indeed, suffering is a mystery, but I trust in You more and more that You are working mightily, tenderly, and victoriously to bring good out of it all, including to bring good out of the messes I have made in my life and the lives of others.
* Thank You for preparing me to bear the weight of eternal glory! Thank You that You DO bring good out of apparent evil, not only in Heaven, but upon earth.
* Thank You, Jesus, that You have won the ultimate victory, and that You choose to offer this victory to me and to all people of good will if we will turn to you in our hearts. Thank You, Merciful Heart of Jesus, that You accept and delight in even the feeblest flicker of good will toward You.
* Thank You, Holy Spirit, for the seasons of prayer and quiet, for the times when You are working deep spiritual "open heart surgery" on me and cleaning me up from my past and present sins, and also healing me of the effects of being harmed by others. While I find it painful to repent, I thank You for healing tears of contrition and repentance, and for allowing me to live long enough to be sorry for the ways in which I have harmed others... and harmed myself. Please continue to help me to go deeper into repentance that I may be more pleasing to You. When You call me Home, I want to have made peace, reconciliation, and restitution with those in my life - past and present, according to Your grace.
* Thank You for seasons of consolation, and thank You for seasons of noiseless tears and dry darkness. You worketh skillfully through both. Help me to be grateful for both seasons.
* Thank You for the gift, the charism, of interceding for others, so many, many, many others, all across the world. Some of them I know by name, some don't even know I exist, but we shall all be intimate family in Your Heavenly Kingdom.
* Thank You for the gift of emotions, messy as they can be a lot of them time!
* Thank You for so much more, Lord! I thank You for everything - the pleasant and the unpleasant, the sweet and gentle mercy, and also the severe mercy. Thank You that You love me enough to treat me as a daughter by chastising and disciplining me. And thank You most of all that You are pleased by a humble and contrite heart.
I love You, Most Holy Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! Pour out Your blessings upon all who read this blog. Draw each of them closer and closer to You, and catch them up in the sublime love You have for them.
I am praying for each of you who visit this blog, and who were readers of the old Xanga blog. The Father knows your name, and He knows what you are weeping about inside. He also takes great joy in giving you joy. May You feel His warm, strong, tender, Fatherly embrace today, and all the rest of the days of your life. Don't give up hope! If God is for you, who can be against you?! He's got victory in store for you, your marriages, your children, and your other dear ones.