(1) I am overdosing on leftover peppermint candy canes and on homemade peppermint cream coffee. Because I feel like it. :) (And because peppermint clears my sinuses). Note: There is such a thing as a peppermint "high". Check the herbal supplement sites; peppermint is a stimulant. Whoo! Behold the Mighty Mint! I'll be growing it in my garden again this coming summer.
(2) The Garden Bug hath bitten me. It often bites me hard when I am sleeping (which I am doing a great deal of with this sinus infection...). Some women dream about Viggo; I dream about which varieties of lettuce and tomatoes to plant. Also, I dream about whether to garden by the row, or to do square foot gardening. Note: Check Ancestry.com to see if I am related to Mr. Greenjeans of Captain Kangaroo fame.
(3) I am waiting for my dad to pick up my Zpak prescription on his way home from choir practice. I am giddy with glee (not to mention punchy with peppermint) because said Zpak pretty much means I will feel "Chris Normal" sometime soon, Lord willing.
(4) Last night, after sleeping all day and all evening, I watched the Carl Reiner/Alan Arkin/Jonathan Winters movie called The Russians Are Coming (circa 1965). I fell in "love" with one of the Russians (men with Russian accents are tres attractive to me), alternated with laughing hysterically into a pillow at the screwball comedy. Note: For you Family Affair fans out there (and you girls who had Mrs. Beasley dolls know who you are [I am one of you]), Brian Keith is in the movie, too.
(5) If you would like to try a new pasta sauce with some extra "zing" to it, I heartily recommend just about anything made by Mezzetta's Napa Valley Bistro. I especially love the Tomato with Basil, Garlic, Onions AND ZINFANDEL WINE. Yum! It's a little pricey, but if you have a Pick 'n Save in your locale, it's on sale this week.
(6) I just found out that February is National Library Lovers Month. I know many of my friends to be Library Lovers, as am I. Let's go to our libraries and bring home some books. When we get our books, etc. home, we can hug them. (Makes note to return Dickens book and to have my dad pick up all the Louisa May Alcott and Madeleine L'engle books I have on hold).
(7) For those of you who knew about my cats torturing me last week with The Door Game, I want to thank you for your prayers. My cats have decided to have pity on me. However, I'm certain that as soon as they see color return to my face and me get out of bed for more than a couple of hours out of a day, they will will Make Much Mischief. ::shudder::
(8) I have pictures to take and new blog entries to share about What True Riches Are, and also how I hope that I DON'T win the February 28th Publishers' Clearinghouse Sweepstakes.
Okay that's all for now. I need to attend to Litter Box Duty (UGH!). The Big Stinker hath done it again.